By Jaime Castillo-León,Winnie E. Svendsen
This ebook covers the entire steps to be able to fabricate a lab-on-a-chip machine ranging from the belief, the layout, simulation, fabrication and ultimate assessment. also, it contains simple thought on microfluidics necessary to know the way fluids behave at such lowered scale. Examples of winning histories of lab-on-a-chip platforms that made an impression in fields like biomedicine and existence sciences also are provided.
This booklet also:
· presents readers with a different method and toolset for lab-on-a-chip improvement by way of fabrics, fabrication thoughts, and parts
· Discusses novel fabrics and methods, similar to paper-based units and synthesis of chemicals on-chip
· Covers the 4 key facets of improvement: simple conception, layout, fabrication, and testing
· presents readers with a entire record of crucial journals, blogs, boards, and meetings the place microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip information, tools, innovations and demanding situations are offered and mentioned, in addition to a listing of businesses offering layout and simulation aid, elements, and/or constructing lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices.
Read or Download Lab-on-a-Chip Devices and Micro-Total Analysis Systems: A Practical Guide PDF
Best nanotechnology & mems books
Nanotechnology is the wave of the longer term, and has already been included into every little thing from toothpaste to socks to army gear. the security of nanotechnology for human health and wellbeing and the surroundings is a brilliant unknown, notwithstanding, and no criminal approach on the earth has but devised how to quite deal with the doubtful hazards of nanotechnology.
Nanotechnology-based therapeutics, working at scales of billionths of a metre, have nice power for destiny enlargement in changing the size and strategies of drug supply. the provision of those novel formulations to once-inaccessible parts of the physique has vastly improved the healing window of present drug molecules.
This quantity of recent features of Electrochemistry has contributions from major participants in electrochemistry. This 7 bankruptcy ebook discusses electrodeposition and the characterization of alloys and composite fabrics, the mechanistic elements of lead electrodeposition, electrophoretic deposition of ceramic fabrics onto steel surfaces and the basics of steel oxides for power conversion and garage applied sciences.
The current e-book discusses themes relating to examine and improvement of fabrics and units at nanoscale measurement and their respective software in drugs and biomedicine. the person chapters supply an in depth cutting-edge assessment to the detailed subject. it sounds as if disconnected fields - lifestyles sciences, biomedicine, chemistry, physics, drugs and engineering - could be bridged with a hugely interdisciplinary view onto every one topic.
- Conjugated Polyelectrolytes: Fundamentals and Applications
- Encapsulation Nanotechnologies
- Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery: Fundamentals, Design, and Applications
- MEMS Linear and Nonlinear Statics and Dynamics: 20 (Microsystems)
Extra resources for Lab-on-a-Chip Devices and Micro-Total Analysis Systems: A Practical Guide