By M.P. Sinha,Neeraj Agnihotri
Critical Theories: Indian and Western provides a pretty finished account of the elemental recommendations in Indian and Western literary feedback. the purpose of the booklet is to acquaint the scholars of M.A. (English Literature) with the most recent serious theories within the West and their useful program within the research and interpretation of texts. the subsequent authors and significant theories were discussed:
1. Indian Poetics: Bharat, Dandin, Bhamaha, Vamana, Anandavardhana, Abhinavagupta and Kuntaka.
2. Greek and Latin feedback: Aristotle, Horace and Longinus.
3. Neo-Classical feedback: Sidney, Dryden, Pope and Johnson.
4. 19th Century feedback: Wordsworth, Coleridge, Shelley and Arnold.
5. sleek British and American feedback: Eliot, Richards, Leavis, Formalism and Chicago Criticism.
6. modern feedback: Psycho-analytic feedback, fantasy feedback, Russian Formalism, Structuralism/ Post-structuralism, Rezeption-aesthetic, Post-colonial thought and Feminist Criticism.
An very important point of this booklet is that Sanskrit or Indian Poetics has been mentioned for the good thing about the scholars of English Literature and so, references to and comparability with Western theories are usually made.
It should be worthy for the scholars and lecturers of English Literature and researchers during this field.
Read or Download Critical Theories: Indian and Western PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
100 plant life Blossoming is a set of literary essays written through school individuals of Xi'an overseas reviews college, China with special positive factors. the 1st one is a chinese language viewpoint on Western literary works, that's generally no longer present in the scholarship within the West. the second one is the feministic stance tested in so much articles, as lots of the members are woman.
Mainstream narratives of the photograph novel’s improvement describe the form’s “coming of age,” its maturation from pulp infancy to literary maturity. In Arresting improvement, Christopher Pizzino questions those verified narratives, arguing that the medium’s background of censorship and marginalization endures within the minds of its present-day readers and, crucially, its authors.
Dostoevsky past Dostoevsky is a suite of essays with a large interdisciplinary concentration. It comprises contributions by means of best Dostoevsky students, social scientists, students of faith and philosophy. the amount considers aesthetics, philosophy, theology, and technological know-how of the nineteenth century Russia and the West that will have educated Dostoevsky’s idea and artwork.
Clean from the twilight quarter of Kafka's The Metamorphosis, this non-academic writer treats on a line by means of line foundation of Kafka's final tales, tales written whereas he was once wheezing with tuberculosis. now not unusually, those tales positive factors pipes, simply what Kafka was once wondering forever whereas he used to be mattress ridden, his sore pipes.
- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
- Spanish Perspectives on Chicano Literature: Literary and Cultural Essays (Global Latin/o Americas)
- Women's Writing, 1660-1830: Feminisms and Futures
- Crime Fiction in German: Der Krimi (European Crime Fictions)
- The Story of Traditional Korean Literature
Additional info for Critical Theories: Indian and Western