By Bernard J. Paris
Read or Download Character and Conflict in Jane Austen's Novels: A Psychological Approach PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
100 flora Blossoming is a suite of literary essays written by way of college participants of Xi'an foreign experiences college, China with special beneficial properties. the 1st one is a chinese language standpoint on Western literary works, that's commonly now not present in the scholarship within the West. the second one is the feministic stance verified in such a lot articles, as lots of the participants are lady.
Mainstream narratives of the photo novel’s improvement describe the form’s “coming of age,” its maturation from pulp infancy to literary maturity. In Arresting improvement, Christopher Pizzino questions those confirmed narratives, arguing that the medium’s background of censorship and marginalization endures within the minds of its present-day readers and, crucially, its authors.
Dostoevsky past Dostoevsky is a suite of essays with a extensive interdisciplinary concentration. It contains contributions by way of prime Dostoevsky students, social scientists, students of faith and philosophy. the quantity considers aesthetics, philosophy, theology, and technology of the nineteenth century Russia and the West that will have expert Dostoevsky’s notion and paintings.
Clean from the twilight area of Kafka's The Metamorphosis, this non-academic writer treats on a line by means of line foundation of Kafka's final tales, tales written whereas he used to be wheezing with tuberculosis. now not unusually, those tales good points pipes, simply what Kafka was once wondering forever whereas he was once mattress ridden, his sore pipes.
- W. B. Yeats: The Tragic Phase: A Study of the Last Poems: Volume 5 (Routledge Library Editions: W. B. Yeats)
- An Imaginary England: Nation, Landscape and Literature, 1840–1920
- The Enmity of Joseph Conrad to Literature
- Reading Together, Reading Apart: Identity, Belonging, and South Asian American Community (Asian American Experience)
- South Asian Atlantic Literature, 1970-2010 (Edinburgh Studies in Transatlantic Literatures EUP)
- Virginia Woolf: Experiments in Character
Extra resources for Character and Conflict in Jane Austen's Novels: A Psychological Approach